Monday, January 31, 2011

Friday Date Night

I had my first date since rejoining Match on Friday night. We went to a wine and tapas bar, which was really good, and overall the date went pretty well. I think I will definitely see him again just to see if there is any "spark" but if nothing else, we had a good time Friday night. A couple of things to note:

1) He's only 26. I know, I know, it isn't THAT young but for some reason it just seems young to me. Maybe its because he's never had a real job. His dad plays on the PGA and Senior PGA tour and he caddies for him. Sounds like a ton of fun, but not a real job in my opinion.
2) What is it with guys in their mid-twenties and Mustang cars? One of my best friends in Chicago, her boyfriend drives a Mustang and a friend of a friend here in Austin, her now husband drove a Mustang in his early twenties. If you haven't guessed, he drives a Mustang :) I found this out when we valet parked and they brought his car before mine. I guess I just don't get the "mystic" or "cool-factor" behind Mustangs but it seems like lately I know a lot of people driving them!
3) When I walked into the bar on Friday night, the first person I saw was actually a person that I knew from the gym. Kind of awkward but funny because it was a guy and I went up to give him a hug before I went to my date's table. I could see out of the corner of my eye, my date get up like he was going to greet me but then he saw me hugging another guy and wasn't sure what to do! I knew this would happen sooner or later, but luckily I ran into someone that would just give me a hard time at the gym, not someone that I wouldn't actually want to see me on a date!

I've also got a coffee date with a super cutie this afternoon. Which naturally intimidates me and makes me nervous. It doesn't help matters that he hasn't seemed that interested in our emails back and forth and I was the one who suggested getting together. If nothing else, at least I will be able to say that I went out with one really hot guy through Match! But I'm hoping it goes well because he's really good looking!!

Still no word from Cotton Bowl guy. I think I'm going to send him one last text this week to invite him (again) to my Super Bowl party but then leave it at that. But I want to say something about the fact that I don't understand why he hasn't responded to any of my correspondence and that I was hoping that we could be friends. Although honestly, I was hoping we could be more than friends but that seems pretty unlikely now. Any suggestions on what exactly I should say? Except why are you being an asshole and not returning my texts or emails :)

No comments:

Post a Comment