Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dates!

Ok, so I've got two dates lined up and I'm trying to stay positive hence the title of this post "Dates!" with an exclamation point. As you can imagine my expectations are pretty low since my good date to bad date ratio is about 1 to 20. But I'm going to look at these dates the same way I did the first time around, its practice. Since its been awhile since I've been on a date in general, its good just to get out there again and go through the motions of that first date experience. You know, the small talk, the awkward silences, the looking at your watch to see how much longer you have to stay and then finally that awkward goodbye. Do you hug, do you shake hands (which is always weird to me) or do you just stand there and say "It was great to meet you. Talk to you soon" even though you don't want to talk to them ever again? Ugh!!! Ok, I don't want to over think this too much!

Here are the details on the dates. I'm meeting Chris (aka cast0409) for coffee today and then I'm going to meet Gage (aka jachbr) tomorrow for either a happy hour drink or coffee (obviously my preference would be a happy hour drink!). Gage actually called me last night which is always good and bad. Its good because I got to talk to him before we meet and we had pretty good conversation, he seems normal and he has a dry sense of humor. He also seems to loathe this online dating thing as much as me, so we at least have that in common! The bad is, what if we don't have anything to talk about tomorrow? Chris texted me about getting together and I was a little worried at first because I thought that he was going to make me make all the decisions. But in the end he did ok and we're going to meet at a place that looks pretty cool.

So those are the details. I'll let you know how my date today goes later tonight. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment