Friday, February 4, 2011

Question of The Day...Answered

Well, I thought about just reposting the first half of yesterday's post but with a different ending :) But let me start from the beginning...

I met up with Bryan at a Mexican food restaurant last night for dinner and drinks. Dinner was great, good conversation, good food and good margaritas...pretty much a perfect combination in my mind! We finished dinner at around 8pm and he asked if I would be up for doing something else which I definitely was. So then we decided to go to Highball - a place where they have bowling lanes and drinks. We weren't able to get a lane but there was a band playing so we went and watched the band for a little while, while we had a drink.

Now at this point in the date, everything was going well. We were having a good time and getting a little flirty with each other. But then Bryan says, "Can I ask you a question?" which immediately made me nervous because he was hesitating on how he wanted to ask it. All I could think was "What the hell does he want to ask me?" He asked what I wanted to get out of "this" - meaning me and him. Of course, I'm standing there fumbling my words but I basically said I don't know what I want to get out of "this". I said I know I'd like to see you again but I don't have any pre-conceived ideas about anything. I'm basically looking to hang out with someone that I can have fun with and have a good time. So of course, I had to ask why he was asking me this and he said because he had just gotten out of a long term relationship and wasn't really looking for anything right now. That he was looking to have fun and meet people but not much else right now. Kind of a bummer but I don't think it completely closes the door on things, because I know he wants to hang out again. Luckily, though, things only got better from there :)

After a drink at Highball, we decided to head downtown to have a few more drinks. It was pretty dead because its been really cold here lately and there just weren't very many people out and about. But we found a bar that had live music, cheap drinks and where we wouldn't be the only people in the bar! And we just had fun. There was a lot of flirtatious touching, laughing and overall just a good time. We had a couple of drinks and then decided to head home. At this point we were in his car and my car was back at the restaurant, so as we're driving back to get my car, Bryan asks me if I would want to go back to his place for a little while. All I could think was "Oh geez, am I really going to do this!?!"

I'm sure you can guess my answer...which is yes, I did go over to his place. BUT all we did is make out, although clothing was optional :) He definitely wanted to do more than make out, but I told him I wasn't ready to have sex. I also didn't stay the night, although he offered up the option. So I guess in the end, I kind of proved my theory but I kind of didn't. I was definitely attracted to him from the beginning of the night (I didn't need any cocktails to help me with that!), but I'm also glad that we broached some of those sexual barriers by having a hot and heavy make out session which was certainly easier to do with a few drinks in my system. In the end, a little liquid courage was good to have but I would have made out with him even if we hadn't been drinking, which I think is a good sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment